You say you want a revolution?
Just a writer? Editor? Blogger? Proofreader? Social media chick? (Dog runner? Workout partner? Coffee getter? Appointment setter?)
I can do that, too. I can do it fast, and I can do it well.
E-mail me at [email protected]
Here’s my resume, if you want the official details:
Veronica Daehn Harvey
Writer/editor/blogger. Mother. Music lover. Coffee drinker. Runner. Etc.
What I’ve learned:
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
– Bachelor’s of Journalism (I can write, ask questions, spell, punctuate).
– Major in News-Editorial. Second major in English.
– 4.0 GPA (I was really good at studying)
What I’ve done:
Swift Communications, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, the Dakotas
– Digital editor. I make stuff happen. Online. Presently.
Moab Sun News, Moab, Utah
– Editor. Reporter. Photographer. Etc.
Omaha World-Herald, Omaha, Neb.
– Momaha.com, October 2009 – November 2011. Ran a Web site for moms. Wrote a daily blog. Promoted the site on Facebook and Twitter. Marketed the brand, from scratch. Planned events. Moderated the forum. Edited Momaha the magazine. Met some really cool people.
– Community Connection editor, December 2006-October 2009. Started this weekly zoned section, from scratch. Branded and marketed it. Wrote and edited local news. Led a team of reporters.
– Education reporter, August 2005-December 2006.
Grand Junction Free Press, Grand Junction, Colo.
–Staff writer, photographer, editor, designer. You name it.
Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, Waterloo, Iowa.
– Reporter, copy editor
What I’ve won:
– Casey Award for Meritorious Journalism, 2004. I wrote a story about homeless kids. It was named the top story nationwide for newspapers under 75,000 circulation.
– Colorado Press Association, 2005. A special section on high school graduation got third place.
– Phi Beta Kappa, 2002. I was smart in college.
Contact me: [email protected]